BBDO's Concepting Class Projects
During the summer of 2017 I was handpicked to complete a creative concepting program run by BBDO under the tutelage of Chris Vega; a copywriter recently named one of Adweek's 100 people who make Advertising great. Each week 20 participants (10 ADs & 10 CWs) from different internships, agencies, and backgrounds would pair up and face off in concepting projects and assignments.
These are the results.
Print Ads: Canon Camera
Copywriter: Caro Hernandez
- Concept 1: Words don't capture it.
- Concept 2: Relax Differently.
- Concept 3: Always the picture taker. Never the subject.
- Concept 4: Feed Your Eyes.
- Concept 5: Keep Playing.
Digital Experiences: Blue Apron
Copywriter: Shannon Liao
Ask: Design a digital experience to show the benefits of Blue Apron, an at home cooking delivery service.
- Concept 1: Web extension that allows recipes to be read while binge watching your favorite show.
- Concept 2: A micro-site where subscribers can track where their ingredients came from.
- Concept 3: A musical app that lets people make music using the sound samples from food.
- Concept 4: Youtube 24 hour live stream/comment thread of movies, tv shows, and cooking specials for users that cook at all hours.
Experiential: Pandora Premium
Copywriter: Breonna Ruffin
Ask: Create experiential experiences to generate awarenes of Pandora Premium.
- Concept 1: Discover Here: corners in coffee shops and public spaces that allow users to access VIP content, through the power of transmitters tied to specific locations.
- Concept 2: Off the Grid Party: Event takeover in abandoned places where cells won't work, to show the power of Premium which works off wifi.
- Concept 3: Musical Mural: Passerby can interact with the mural and touch certain colors to make joyful noise and remix however they'd like.
- Concept 4: Adult playgrounds: Just as with music these structures, put up in public places, allow adults to escape and become kids again.